Monday, March 22, 2010

we trooped down to Sparrows with needle and thread to sew yet more labels on clothes. He was fast asleep in the very smelly communal room so we suggested that we go and sit in the Quiet Room used for visitors. He didn't want to do that so we went up anyway, there wa s no way that I was going to sit in the communal room. Once again there were lots of staff on duty and eventually one of them persuaded dad to come and sit with us. The conversation was sporadic:
"Have you made any friends, dad."
"No"
"What is the name of the chatty lady"
"I don't know"
It all continued in that vein and everything we said he didn't hear properly so I think we must look into getting some ear wax drops . He did tell us that he had been up to the eye hospital with a woman to get his eyes checked!! Perhaps that is why he is, once again, wearing someone else's glasses. I walked into the communal room and inspected everyone's glasses to see if they had dad's. None. In the end we left him wearing the 'stolen' ones because he looked good in them!! I am taking my aunt and uncle down to Sparrows to visit on Wednesday, I hope he is up and properly dressed. I might ring up first to check.

No comments:

Post a Comment