Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Grey Tuesday 10th November 2009

The guy from social services came and after lots of questions to dad, most of which received random and inaccurate replies, he agreed that he would go to a care home. This was a relief but I still spent the day feeling unsettled. Funding has to be applied for representing the difference between what dad has got and what is needed. We would be self funding for approx 60%. Our social services friend applies to a committee and if they have enough money that week then he can go immediately. If they haven't got enough funds then it is put off until next Thursday and so on...
I am away on Friday and V. will look after dad until Monday when he goes into respite for two weeks or goes to the home. I hope it all works out, it is very stressful.
I am in a lot of pain at the moment and I need some sun and luxury. Cyprus will have the sun, I hope, and my friend's home will seem like luxury compared to how we are living now.
We will return on Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment