Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday, again wet and windy

Had a great day out with a friend, I left home at 10.30 with a note for the carer to get dad up.
When I finally arrived back at 4.00 he was still in bed! I went out again and left note for the evening carer to try and get him up. She achieved and he was up when we returned from our evening out at 11.00.
Dad is looking for mum again and he asked me where she was. Once again I explained she died 4 years ago. "But where is she?"
"In the cemetary" I reply
"Oh, is she with her husband?"
"You're her husband"
"I know that" he says.
The frozen ready meal for today's lunch was Shepherds Pie with vegetables, it smelled nice but dad took one look at it and said "What sort of lunch is this then?"
He described it as Shepherds muck pie......
Tomorrow we are expecting a visit from the Social Services guy who will try and obtain dad's consent to go into a care home. If he can't take this on board we can make the decision for him.
I hope we don't have to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment