Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Got dad to the doctors for his blood test, non-fasting, fortunately. We were a bit early so sat and waited while he went to sleep. The nurse didn't swab the site and as she put the needle in (I turned my back) he moved and started to get up saying "but I've only come here for you" He thought he was accompanying me to have the blood test and was quite put out to find it was his blood they wanted. Back we go again to him being the responsible adult and me being the child.
I knelt on the floor and held his hand as the nurse had another go at getting some blood which was successful. I didn't like to watch, his arm looked so puny and the skin so papery thin I felt it on his behalf.
We got back to the home and I asked if they could arrange for a hair-cut as well as the podiatrist.
Apparently we needed to lodge some money in the safe to pay for these extras. Luckily the hairdresser was in today so I took him downstairs to a room where two ladies were having their hair set. He sat in a chair and waited his turn. I left £40 to cover £6.50 for the hair and
£22.50 for the footcare.



No comments:

Post a Comment