Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dad has been as good as gold today but still I have had a shit day. The sun is shining. M is away for the day. I have a list to tick off. Start with the Dentist. I can only open my mouth for a little while following surgery so visiting the dentist is a worry. When did the cost of fillings go up so much. £300 for one, albeit a large one, seems excessive. He offered a cheaper version but it was gold coloured! The NHS version, much cheaper, but apparently not worth it. I had been home a couple of hours with my jaw throbbing away when the bloody thing fell out. It was only a temporary filling but I will have to go back tomorrow and endure more.

Today I asked dad if he joined in the Lewes bonfire celebrations when he were a lad. I didn't get much of an answer but I will persue this when he feels like talking. Lewes bonfire is a fantastic, celebration of the past, Guy Fawkes, the Martyrs of Lewes, and the ceremonial burning of effigies, including a pope. More on this later
Weather in St. Remy de Provence, lovely but windy.

No comments:

Post a Comment