Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday 16th October 2009

Back to normal, Dad wouldn’t get up. It’s a Phoenix day so we have to pull out all the tricks. I get the hoover. He hates hovering. He always did a runner when my mum got savage with her brush strokes. I even threatened him with a cold flannel which is what he did to get me or my sister up on occasions. He giggles, he waves at us, he pretends to be asleep but we get there in the end after half an hours concerted effort. He refused to shave so I let him get away with that. A little bit of face-save for him!
The transport pitched up early so he didn’t have a chance to fall asleep. The Dentist called and offered a replacement temporary but not until Monday. My jaw still hurts but fortunately not the tooth. I have no soft cushion between the ball and socket joint, I keep visualising it scraping.
St. Remy de Provence is sunny but cold, E had to buy a jumper! The forecast is a return to warmer temperatures. Lewes is grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment