Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Still Wednesday.

I spent the day scrubbing carpet, osmosis damaged beds, washing (4 loads) ironing and now feel quite smug and far less anxious. Dad had a good day at the Phoenix and seemed quite happy.
I arranged with the carer that he would wear a full sized pad rather than piddling all over the place.
The carer told me that he had got into the shower with his slippers on. I have solved the problem of osmosis by rolling up towels and placing them along the edges of the beds. It is easy to wash towels every day not quite as easy to clean divan bases. Tomorrow we have nothing planned except the Age Concern lady coming to cut his toe nails. He has his own kit including some very sharp cutters and she is a volunteer recruited by the noble charity. I wouldn't want to do such a job. In actual fact dad's feet are in very good condition compared to some I have seen on much younger people. The cost of this wonderful service is £4.50
I went down the town and cheered myself up by buying the Booker prize book on Cromwell and the Norweigan thriller by Stieg Larsson and some plums.
It is raining in Lewes and I am quite sure it is beautiful in St. Remy de Provence.

No comments:

Post a Comment