Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Matron from the chosen home rang today and suggested that she visit dad tomorrow morning at 9.30!! I said yes, and will ring Phoenix telling them I will deliver him later.
I feel absurdly nervous. Next week the nurse who keeps an eye on dad is visiting him to ask if he agrees to going into a home. The day after that we have an interview with the financial assessment people which is terrifying. We have to show bank statements, all income, all assests etc. It is alarming for people who have never made use of the benefits society. I will feel violated by offering up all this information especially as we are only requesting a top up of the fees. Dad's income will make up the bulk. It makes me feel sick. If he had been a lazy sod and spent all his money instead of buying his own home and paying into a pension, going without holidays, they would pay everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment